October 8, 2012

Party like it's 50's!

I know some people just hate theme parties, but I'm not one of those. I've come into the conclusion I live my childhood dream of becoming an actress through them. Dressing up as something else than yourself kind of makes you jump into a role. At least I've noticed I e.g. start to walk more elegantly with 20's dress on. Well, the bad language is stille there ;).

My dear friend turned 30 this week and threw a party with a 50's/pin up theme. The celebration took place at Navy Jerry's, a marine inspired bar, which turned out to be a perfect choice. It was my first time there, and have to say the atmosphere, decoration, staff and music were all good. A big plus is also when a bar has mojitos on their list. Believe me or not, but it hasn't been in one or two clubs where I've heard "we don't have mint" when ordering it.


Right after receiving the invitaiton I had a clear vision on my mind of what to wear: a tulle skirt (which I already had thrown into a 'sell at flea market' -pile), a top and knee socks. Of course I didn't try them on before Saturday, and when I did, felt like a clown. It was just simply too much. Fortunately I had something navyish in my closet less festive, though so made it on time. It's been a looong time since wearing these high waist jeans. They were once my favourite pair.

Vintage jacket, Guess jeans, second hand tee, vintage handbag, vintage heels, pearl necklace from Gina Tricot and earrings from Vero Moda.

No comments:

Post a Comment